1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 x 200g skin-on white fish i.e. cod or haddock
1 medium egg, beaten
100gms fresh white breadcrumbs
– Preheat the oven to 200°C
– Peel and cut the potatoes into 1cm slices and then into chips. Place in a large bowl or plastic bag and add the oil, toss well to coat. Transfer to a large non-stick baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
– Meanwhile, dip the fish in the egg and coat in breadcrumbs. Add to the baking tray with the chips for the last 20-25 minutes.
– Season with vinegar and a sprinkling of salt and twist of black pepper
– This dish serves two. Preparation time is 10 minutes and cooking time is 30 minutes