. 4 cups of vegetables (you can use them fresh or use
whatever is leftover in the fridge. It can be a
combination of peas, broccoli and corn)
. 1/33 cups of chicken stock
. 1 tbsp soy sauce
. 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
. 1 tsp cornstarch
. 2 tsps gingerroot (fresh grated)
. 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch
. 3 garlic cloves
. 1/4 cups of chicken broth (coat wok or pan)
– Saute chicken and garlic. Set aside.
– Coat a wok or frying pan with oil and heat. Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and the four cups of veggies. Stir fry for two to three minutes, stirring constantly.
– Add the chicken and the sauce ingredients and cook for three to five minutes stirring until the liquid thickens. Serve over brown rice or pasta.
Tips to make a quick stir fry
– Keep your ingredients chopped and ready, before you start cooking.
– Chop up your ingredients in a uniform size so that they cook evenly. Cut the vegetables on a diagonal to maximize exposure to the heat.
– If you are using beef, chicken or fish or any kind of meat, make sure you cook it in advance and set it aside, so you can add it later.
– Wash the vegetables and drain the water so that it’s not too dry, if it is add a few drops of water while stir-frying.
LEMON GARLIC BREAD
. ¼ loaf French bread (cut in half lengthwise)
. 1 clove garlic (minced)
. ½ cup real butter 2 tbsps Parmesan cheese
. ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
. 4 tsps lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Zest of one lemon Pepper to taste
– Mix all ingredients except bread in a small bowl.
– Brush the butter mixture onto the cut sides of the bread and wrap loosely with foil.
– Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, discard the foil and slice into half-inch pieces.