2 cups of rice
1 table spoon ginger-garlic paste
1 table spoon tamarind (imli) paste
Black salt (as per taste)
Ghee/butter or cooking oil
100 gms cashew nuts
2 cardamom pods
2 table spoons of jeera
5 table spoons of cashew nut paste
How to prepare it
- First of all clean the basmati rice manually and later soak them. Wait for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is being macerated, heat oil/butter ghee in a different pan. Add jeera to it and keep the gas on low flame.
- Soon add sliced onion and add tamarind, ginger and garlic paste. Keep frying for some time. Later, add cashew paste.
- After it’s done add dry cloves and cardamom pods. Fry it for a minute. Also, add salt in a quantity that it’s sufficient for the rice as well.
- Add two cups of water and mix it well. Bring it to boil and then close the lid of the pan and wait for the water to dry.
- While the rice is being cooked take butter in a small pan and heat it. Soon add cashew nuts to it and fry it. Wait till it gets golden.
- Take out the fully done rice in a bowl and garnish it with fried cashew nuts.