Experts say that millions of women around the world suffer from iron deficiency, more popularly known as anaemia. This nutritional insufficiency is known to cause fatigue, lethargy and even low work performance. Include these iron-rich foods in your diet to address this problem…
- Brown rice is packed with fibre, which flushes out toxins from your body while the iron in it is said to battle anaemia.
- Oatmeal also has iron apart from several other nutrients. A breakfast comprising oatmeal is a great way to start the day.
- Potatoes may seem like a high-calorie vegetable but have high sources of iron. Make them a regular part of your diet.
- Broccoli may not seem like a very appetising choice but is excellent for those suffering from iron deficiency.
- Strange as this sounds, strawberries all contain iron and its high vitamin C content also helps your body absorb more iron.
- Packed with nutrients, peas are beneficial when it comes to those looking to ‘up’ their iron intake.
- Spinach contains a lot of iron as well as vitamin C, which helps your body absorb iron better.
- Black-eyed peas are another good source of iron.
- Snack on pumpkin seeds to increase iron in your body.