Cottage cheese cubes cooked in a rich tomato gravy
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 20mins
250g paneer (cottage cheese)
200g tomato puree
1″ cinnamon stick
2-3 green cardamom
2tsp cumin seed
3tsp pepper corns
1 tsp Ginger paste
1tbsp ginger juliennes
3 green chillies
1tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
Sendha namak(Rock salt)
1. Cut the paneer into 1″ cubes. Cut each tomato into 8 parts and deseed. Slit the green chillies. Dry roast the cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, pepper corns and cardamoms. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Coarsely grind the spices.
2. Heat the ghee and ad the ginger paste. Saute the ginger paste and add the tomato puree. Add halfthe ground spices and 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
3. Add the paneer cubes and allow to simmer for5-6 mins. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 mins.
4. Add the ginger juliennes, remaining ground spices, slit green chillies.
5. Season with rock salt and serve hot