NEW DELHI (TIP): India shares France’s pain, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Thursday morning, strongly condemning the horrific terror attack in Nice that has killed 84 people and left scores injured, several critically.
“Appalled by the horrific attack in Nice. I strongly condemn such mindless acts of violence. My thoughts are with the families of deceased. I hope the injured recover soon. India shares the pain & stands firmly with our French sisters & brothers in this hour of immense sadness,” (sic) PM Modi tweeted.
The government has said that so far there are no reports of any Indians being among the dead or wounded in Nice, where a large truck ploughed through hundreds of spectators gathered to watch Bastille Day fireworks at the famous Promenade des Anglais.
The Indian embassy in French capital Paris has set up a helpline in Nice: +33-8-20-26-06-06 and Indian Embassy’s Paris helpline: +33-1-40507070.
French President Francois Hollande has called the Nice attack “undeniably an act of terror,” and has extended a state of emergency in France by three months.