WASHINGTON (TIP): Islamic State militants released a video on Thursday threatening the White House with suicide bombings and car blasts and vowing to conduct more attacks on France. The six-minute video, released by Islamic State fighters in Iraq, applauds last week’s Paris attacks, according to a translation of the Arabic provided by the Maryland-based SITE Intelligence Group.
The latest threat comes one day after the militant group put out a video showing scenes of New York City, which suggested it was also a target.
Islamic State, which controls a large territory in Syria and Iraq, has claimed responsibility for last Friday’s attacks in Paris in which 129 people were killed.
FBI Director James Comey said on Thursday he was not aware of any credible threat of a “Paris-type attack” in the United States.
State Department spokesman John Kirby told CNN that Thursday’s video was being examined to determine its “veracity.”