NEW YORK (TIP): The National Federation of Indian American Associations (NFIA), an umbrella organization comprising over 200 Indo-American organizations, representing over 3 million Americans who trace their roots to India, is seeking nominations for awards for outstanding achievements to be given at its 18th biennial convention in Cerritos, LA, California, on the weekend of March 6-8, 2015.
The last date to submit nominations with relevant documents about the nominee is Friday, January 30, 2015, stated by Mr. Lal K Motwani, Chairman of NFIA and the awards committee.
The 18th biennial NFIA convention will be held in Los Angeles at the Cerritos Sheraton Hotel, 12725 Center Court Drive, Cerritos, CA 90703. The awards will be presented at the gala banquet, on Saturday, March 7, 2015. The selected candidates must be present at the NFIA Award Ceremony in Los Angeles.
Nominations are invited for outstanding accomplishments in the following categories:
1. Service to the Indian American community
3. Liberal and Fine Arts
4. Performing Arts
5. Medicine and Health Sciences
7. Engineering and Technology
8. Business and Finance
9. Mass Media: Radio, Television, Newspaper
10. Government and Non-Profit Institutions
Indian American associations and individuals are encouraged to nominate distinguished Indian Americans or institutions that have done an outstanding job in their chosen field and submit nominations at the address/email given below, with following supporting documents:
1. A copy of the resume of the nominee
2. A copy each of the documents in support of qualifications (publications, awards, recognition letters, etc.); and
3. REFERENCES: Names, addresses and telephone number and e-mail address of two references
Please mail your nominations to:
Award Selection Committee, Lal K. Motwani, Chairman NFIA, 237-50, Fairbury Avenue, Bellerose, New York, NY 11426.
Telephone: 1- 516-581-3332 —
For Information, please contact:
Lal K. Motwani (516) 581-3332
Sohan Joshi (773) 805-4357
Ashok Madan (562) 713-2256
Inder Singh (818) 708-3885
Haresh Panchal (408) 592-3181