NEW YORK (TIP): The Scientific Academic Research Foundation has announced its inaugural Awards for Excellence to recognize individuals of Indian origin based in the United States who have achieved outstanding professional work and research in the field of medicine.
Winners of Awards of Excellence will be honored at a Gala event at the Pierre Hotel, Fifth Avenue/East 61st Street, New York City, on August 14, 2015 with the presence of government officials, distinguished leaders of academia as well as corporate CEOs.
Nomination deadline is July 15, 2015. See http://SARF-Foundation.org for details. Applicants should meet requirements to enter the competition.
SARF is actively seeking key supporters to make the Gala dinner a success and build a future for the Awards for Excellence in the field of medicine. All inquiries should be directed to info@SARF-Foundation.org
A panel of renowned judges in the field of medicine and health will select the winners.
SARF is established by physicians of Indian origin based in the United States to pursue excellence in medicine and support key academic and research initiatives. It aims at establishing a robust, credible process of recognizing significant contributions by individuals of Indian origin.
SARF Award Categories:
- Lifetime Excellence Research and Innovation recognizes an individual for significant contributions to advocacy in medicine, clinical practice or surgical process.
- Excellence in Leadership – Young Physician Award recognizes two exceptional medical residents/fellows for medical practice with influence on health care.
- Excellence in Global Health recognizes a physician for medical work affecting people around the world.
- Physician of the Year recognizes a physician for work in community service, proven leadership and who demonstrates compassion and sensitivity.
- Hall of Fame recognizes an individual for outstanding contributions to health care.
- Excellence in Hospital/Health System Management recognizes an individual for exceptional leadership to improve outcomes, patient safety and quality of care.
- Excellence in Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Research and Innovation recognizes a C-suite leader in pharmaceutical, device or health technology with impact on treating diseases.
- Excellence in Delivering Quality and Cost Effective Pharmaceutical Alternatives recognizes a C-suite leader in a pharmaceutical or health technology company with impact on utilizing disruptive innovation and breakthrough on expensive treatment/management options and cost reduction.