Famous Colombian-American actress, Sofia Vergara, who stars in the internationally hit TV series ‘Modern Family’, has been announced as the highest paid TV star by Forbes Magazine this year.
Vergara, who joined the ensemble cast in 2009, has been the highest paid TV star five years in a row!
Earning a whopping $43 million this year, Vergara is leaps over The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco, the second highest paid actor, with an $18.5 million difference.
Vergara’s account swelled up by 66% since last year, bagging a $14.5 million dollar increase in her pay.
Vergara is also ahead of several male actors, including Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki, who earn almost the same as their co-star Cuoco.
Here are the top 10 highest-paid actors according to Forbes:
- Sofia Vergara: $43,000,000 (2015 earnings: $28,500,000)
- Kaley Cuoco: $24,500,000 (2015 earnings: $28,500,000)
- Mindy Kaling: $15,000,000 (2015 earnings: $9,000,000)
- Mariska Hargitay: $14,500,000 (2015 earnings: $11,000,000)
- Ellen Pompeo: $14,500,000 (2015 earnings: $11,500,000)
- Kerry Washington: $13,500,000 (2015 earnings: $7,000,000
- Stana Katic: $12,000,000
- Priyanka Chopra: $11,000,000
- Julianna Margulies: $10,500,000 (2015 earnings: $10,500,000)
- Julie Bowen: $10,000,000 (2015 earnings: $12,000,000)