The Indian market is loaded with dozens of herbs and spices – from the very common black pepper to the exotic turmeric.
Along with amazing health benefits they have to offer, herbs and spices also add flavour and aroma to our Indian dishes. Research has also shown that herbs and spices have the potential to boost metabolism, promote satiety (read: contentment), aid weight management and improve the overall quality of a diet.
So spruce up your daily cooking with a dash of spice and attain your desired weight loss. Dr. Shilpa Mittal, Nutritionist, Diet Consultant and Founder of Nutrilife Health Management, Mumbai shares a list of 20 best weight loss herbs and spices which are easily available and aid weight loss.
- Cinnamon is one of the best weight loss herbs because it helps to stabilise blood sugar level, keeps you full for a longer time, decreases hunger pangs and metabolises fats at a faster rate.
- Ginger is a very good body cleanser. Ginger helps to remove the food logged in the digestive system and thus prevents fat storage and weight gain.
- Cardamom helps boost your metabolism and improve your body’s ability to burn fat.
- Turmeric spice has several weight-loss properties. It helps to reduce the formation of fat tissues, thus lowering total body fat and prevents weight gain.
- Acai Berry. Studies show that the juice from the acai berry or the dried powder of acai berry, can improve the ability to lose weight effectively. They help to prevent the fat build-up in the body and have enormous
- Nettle leaf is highly nutritive and is loaded with antioxidant vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A. They aid in purifying blood and burns fat.
- Guarana has diuretic properties. It helps in losing weight. It also aids in stimulating the nervous system and thus helps you to avoid emotional eating due to stress or tension.
- Cayenne pepper includes a compound called as capsaicin which helps to burn fat and suppresses your hunger cravings. According to a research done by Prudue University – cayenne is effective in weight loss, because it increases body’s metabolism activity which causes the body to burn more calories.
- Cumin helps to improve your digestive process and production of energy. Cumin seeds also helps to boost your immune system.
- Ginseng helps to boost energy levels and speeds up metabolism rate.