WASHINGTON (TIP): The Arista Networks team of Jayshree Ullal and Andy Bechtolsheim, based out of Santa Clara-California, have been honored by Ernst and Young as the 2015 Entrepreneur of the Year.
Ullal and Bechtolsheim, who also won in the Technology category, were honored at the EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Awards gala, the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum® in Palm Springs, California.
“To be an entrepreneur is to be a game changer,” said Mike Kacsmar, EY Entrepreneur of the Year Americas Program Director. “Jayshree Ullal, Andy Bechtolsheim and the Arista Networks team embody all of the characteristics we value in entrepreneurship. They have successfully challenged industry norms and redefined the industry standard.”
In their acceptance speech, Arista’s Indian American CEO Jayshree Ullal said, “Arista means ‘agree to be the best.’ … It’s very, very fitting, and we’re truly honored to stand and live by our name.”
Arista Networks delivers software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data centre storage and computing environments.
The EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award, one of the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs, recognizes visionary business leaders who demonstrate innovation, financial success and commitments to their communities as they create and build world-class companies.
EY Entrepreneur of the Year National category winners
Additional awards were presented in 11 categories, honoring a number of exceptional entrepreneurs for their innovation and leadership. Regional winners also included 13 Indian Americans.
By category, they include:
Distribution and Manufacturing
Award winner: Berto Guerra, CEO & Chairman – Avanzar Interior Technologies, LTD San Antonio, TX Finalists:
- Andrew Philipp, Jeremy Rincon, Robby Whites – Clarus Glassboards, LLC
- Scott C. Mueller, Dean Mueller – Dealer Tire
- Jason Luo – Key Safety Systems
Award winner: David Royce, Founder & CEO – Alterra Provo, UT Finalists:
- Ilia Papas, Matt Salzberg, Matthew Wadiak – Blue Apron
- Adam Hepworth – Jamberry
- Jeff Church – Suja Juice
Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources
Award winner: Eric Dee Long, CEO – USA Compression Austin, TX Finalists:
- John B. Walker – EnerVest, Ltd.
- Donald Young – Hoover Group, Inc.
- Kevin McEvoy – Oceaneering International, Inc.
Award winner: Andrew D. Peykoff II, President & CEO – Niagara Bottling, LLC Ontario, CA Finalists:
- Lou Gentine, Louie Gentine – Sargento Foods Inc.
- Robert M. Beall – Beall’s, Inc.
- Edward Weisiger, Jr. – CTE
Award winner: Alfred P. West, Jr., Chairman & CEO – SEI Oaks, PA Finalists:
- Jonathan Steinberg – WisdomTree Investments, Inc.
- Kenneth Lin – Credit Karma
- Noah Breslow – OnDeck
Award winner: Jean-Jacques Bienaimé, Chairman & CEO – BioMarin Pharmaceutical Novato, CA Finalists:
- Charles Dunlop, James Dunlop – Ambry Genetics
- Mike Mussallem – Edwards Lifesciences
- Tim Walbert – Horizon Pharma
Media, Entertainment and Communications
Award winner: Maggie Wilderotter, Chairman & CEO – Frontier Communications Stamford, CT Finalists:
- Frank Addante – Rubicon Project
- Chris DeWolfe – SGN
- Sean Eugene Reilly – Lamar Advertising Company
Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction
Award winner: Adam Neumann, Co-Founder & CEO – WeWork New York, NY Finalists:
- John Kilroy – Kilroy Realty Corporation
- Zeke Turner – Mainstreet
- James Michael Appling, Jr. – TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc
Retail and Consumer Products
Award winners: Reade Fahs, CEO, and Bruce Steffey, President and COO – National Vision, Inc. Duluth, GA Finalists:
- John Foraker – Annie’s, Inc.
- Marla Malcolm Beck – Bluemercury, Inc.
- Jamie Lima, Paulo Lima – IT Cosmetics
Award winner: Y. Michele Kang, Founder & Chief Executive Officer – Cognosante McLean, VA Finalists:
- Lawrence Janesky – Basement Systems Inc.
- Abhi Shah – Clutch Group
- Setul G. Patel – Neighbors Health System, Inc.
Award winners: Jayshree Ullal, President & CEO, and Andy Bechtolsheim, Founder, Chief Development Officer and Chairman – Arista Networks Santa Clara, CA Finalists:
- Keith R. Dunleavy, MD – Inovalon
- Keith Krach – DocuSign, Inc.
- Marcus Ryu – Guidewire Software, Inc.