Angelina Jolie took to Instagram Stories on Wednesday to share a deeply emotional message following the end of her eight-year-long divorce battle with Brad Pitt. The Oscar-winning actress, known for her humanitarian work, used the platform to highlight the plight of millions of Syrians in need of aid, shifting the attention away from her personal life.
In a heartfelt Instagram Story post, the Maria actress shared an image from nrc_norway featuring a war-ravaged country along with a poignant message aimed at raising awareness for Syria’s ongoing crisis.
“Syria: over 17 million people in need of aid. Syria has been decimated by almost 14 years of conflict, displacement, and economic deterioration,” she wrote. “While the recent change in government brings about a chance of a fresh start, millions still need help, and critical needs continue to be unmet.”
Jolie has long been recognised for her tireless humanitarian work, with a focus on “conservation, education, and women’s rights.” As a Special Envoy for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, she has dedicated much of her time to advocating for refugees around the world.
In a recent post, Jolie captured the efforts of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), an organisation she strongly supports, which works to champion the rights of displaced people globally. She previously collaborated with the NRC in regions like Jordan and Yemen as a leading global advocate for refugees.
The actress broke her social media silence days after her ‘ugly’ legal feud with her ex-husband Brad Pitt came to an end. Her lawyer James Simone told PEOPLE, “More than eight years ago, Angelina filed for divorce from Mr. Pitt. She and the children left all of the properties they had shared with Mr. Pitt, and since that time she has focused on finding peace and healing for their family.”
Tag: Brad Pitt
-

Angelina Jolie shares heartbreaking update after Brad Pitt divorce settlement
-

Brad Pitt claims Angelina ‘withheld hundreds of emails’ to suppress truth $500 million winery sale
The legal battle between exes Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt is getting murkier. A new report sources court documents to show that Brad has now accused Angelina of lying and withholding critical information about the controversial sale of their $500 million French winery.
Documents accessed by In Touch Weekly show that Brad’s legal team has accused Angelina of withholding ‘hundreds of emails’ to suppress the truth. “In a last-ditch attempt to suppress the truth about her wrongful sale to the Stoli Parties, [Angelina] has withheld hundreds of emails she exchanged with her inner circle in the period leading up to the sale on claims of attorney-client privilege. But 126 of those emails are entirely between non-lawyers. These 126 communications should be ordered produced,” reads the submission from Brad in the case.
The couple purchased the French winery in question – Chateau Miraval -jointly. However, Brad claims that it was sold to a third party without his knowledge and consent right after their divorce in 2016. The couple has been battling this in court for years now.
In the documents, Brad’s legal team claims that Angelina did produce some documents after ‘stonewalling for more than a year’ but calls it ‘illusory’, as she has ‘produced only one internal communication discussing or reflecting the sale’.
The legal team says, “[Angelina] claims that all of her team’s other internal communications on this subject are protected by the attorney/client privilege. This includes hundreds of emails to or from non-attorneys, such as her business manager Terry Bird, her image consultants Chloe Dalton and Arminka Helic, her wine consultant Christophe Salin, her finance consultants Marjorie Brabet-Friel and James Friel, and her personal assistants Michael Vieira and Mindy Nyby. 126 of these communications do not even involve any attorney participant. [Angelina’s] wildly overbroad assertion of privilege over these 126 communications is unsupported by the law, and it cannot justify her near-complete cover-up of this critically important discovery.”
After Brad and Angelina split in 2016, she emailed him that she wanted to get out of the winery business. Brad said his team negotiated a deal to buy her stake, offering to pay her $54.4 million over six years. However, he claims she dropped out of negotiations with him and sold her stake to Russian billionaire Yuri Shefler, pocketing $64 million from the deal. Brad has urged the court to nullify the deal. Source: HT -

Brad Pitt has ‘virtually no contact’ with adult children, engagement with younger kids ‘limited’: Report
Brad Pitt often has visitations from his younger kids but has “no virtual contact” with the adult ones. The kids mostly stay with their mother, Angelina Jolie, however, the custody agreement stated that Brad Pitt was allowed to have visitation with the younger kids. Recently, their daughter, Shiloh, legally dropped her dad’s surname ‘Pitt’ from her name which made headlines. According to an exclusive by People magazine, the custody agreement, allowed Pitt to have meet-ups with the minor children. The source said, “He has virtually no contact with the adult kids. His engagement with the younger kids is more limited in recent months because of his filming schedule.” The 60-year-old actor is currently on location to shoot for his upcoming film F1.
The source further added, “[Angelina] has the kids most of the time, but per their agreement, he has visitation with the younger kids.”
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt share six kids, namely Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Pax and twins Knox and Vivienne. The two got married in the year 2014 and parted ways in 2019. Pitt is currently dating Ines de Ramon while Jolie is not dating anyone.
Pitt and Jolie’s daughter Shiloh filed documents right around her 18th birthday to drop Pitt from her name and simply go by Shiloh Jolie. The source informed that the actor is “aware and upset” about her daughter wanting to drop Pitt from her name. The source stated back in June, “He’s aware and upset that Shiloh dropped his last name. The reminders that he’s lost his children, is of course not easy for Brad. He loves his children and misses them. It’s very sad.” -

Brad Pitt deals a ‘crushing blow’ as judge orders Jolie to produce 8 years of NDAs
All the NDAs that Angelina Jolie has signed in the last eight years would be produced for the ongoing civil lawsuit between her and Brad Pitt over their Château, fine wine, and vineyard in France. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge ordered Jolie to produce “all non-privileged documents in her possession, custody, or control that are responsive to” Pitt’s legal team’s request. This includes any NDAs that the ‘Maleficent’ star has entered into. The judge has given Jolie a month to comply with the order.
A source from Pitt’s camp has described the ruling as a “crushing blow” to Jolie, who had previously contended that fulfilling such a request would be “expensive,” “wasteful,” “unreasonable,” and “abusive.”
Jolie’s lawyers had continued to indicate that the unveiling of the NDAs infringes on the privacy aspect of other individuals involved
These records most probably consist of relevant contracts with different entities of Hollywood, such as employers, brands, and employees; the contracts possibly contain “contracts that include Jolie’s compensation or compensation she paid to third parties.”
Now, Jolie’s team is expected to provide a list of documents they consider privileged, allowing Pitt’s attorneys to “evaluate the merits of Jolie’s assertions of privilege.”
Earlier this year, the ‘Bullet Train’ star’s lawyers requested information on the number of NDAs Jolie has had staff members sign. This followed Jolie’s accusations that Pitt was attempting to exert control over her through an “overreaching” agreement.
Jolie’s filings claim that Pitt demanded she sign a particularly “onerous” and “expansive” NDA, which would cover his “personal misconduct,” irrespective of its relation to Miraval, as a condition for her to sell her share of the winery to him.
Jolie alleges in legal documents that the breakdown was due to the unfair terms of the NDA. And she sold her shares to a subsidiary of the Stoli Group.
However, after the LA court’s ruling, Jolie’s attorney, Paul Murphy, framed it as a victory for their side. Murphy said, “Common NDAs are simply not comparable to Mr. Pitt’s last-second demand to try and cover up his personal misconduct. We are more than happy to turn them over and we are gratified that the Court acknowledged that the only potential relevance is to the unconscionability of Mr. Pitt’s conduct, a now confirmed key issue in this case.” “We welcome that transparency in all parties’ discovery responses, including Mr. Pitt’s. Angelina looks forward to the eventual end of this litigation with its false narratives that continue to hurt the family and interfere with their ability to heal.” Source: HT -

Brad Pitt’s Formula One Racing Movie Lands at Apple
Apple Original Films has emerged as the highest bidder for Brad Pitt’s upcoming movie about Formula One racing.
Joseph Kosinski, who just steered “Top Gun: Maverick” to blockbuster success, is directing the yet-to-be-titled film, which will be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment and seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton.
Brad Pitt is playing a driver who comes out of retirement to compete alongside a rookie driver and the titans of the sport. Ehren Kruger, one of the three screenwriters on “Top Gun: Maverick,” is responsible for penning the screenplay.
Additional producers are Kosinski and Chad Oman of Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Copper CEO Penni Thow serves as executive producer.
This marks Apple Studios’ second collaboration with Pitt and Plan B Entertainment. They are also working on an untitled film in which Jon Watts (“Spider-Man: No Way Home”) is directing and Pitt and George Clooney are starring as two lone-wolf fixers assigned to the same job.
Apple Original Films, which became the first streaming service to win the Oscar for best picture for “CODA,” has been making moves (and dropping serious amounts of cash) to ramp up its movie library. There are two high-profile projects from Martin Scorsese on the company’s slate, including his upcoming Western crime drama “Killers of the Flower Moon,” starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Jesse Plemons, as well as his musical biopic about the Grateful Dead, with Jonah Hill set to star as the iconic rock band’s frontman Jerry Garcia.
Apple recently acquired “12 Years a Slave” filmmaker Steve McQueen’s World War II film “Blitz.” Up next, the streamer is debuting “Cha Cha Real Smooth,” a feel-good comedic drama about a bar mitzvah DJ who strikes up a friendship with an older woman, on June 17. Source: VARIETY -
Bullet Train: First trailer of Brad Pitt’s film is packed with action
Brad Pitt’s effortless action-comedy avatar takes centre-stage in the trailer of the upcoming film ‘Bullet Train’, unveiled on Wednesday. As per The Hollywood Reporter, with a screenplay by Zak Olkewicz, the film is based on ‘Maria Beetle’ by Kotaro Isaka. The Oscar-winning actor stars in the stylish action-thriller from the director of ‘Deadpool 2’, David Leitch. Nearly three-minutes long, the first trailer for the film is packed with action and Pitt’s unique brand of charming humour. Pitt headlines an ensemble cast of eclectic assassins, all with their own objectives, set against the backdrop of a non-stop ride through modern-day Japan. In addition to Pitt, ‘Bullet Train’ stars Joey King, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Brian Tyree Henry, Andrew Koji, Hiroyuki Sanada, Michael Shannon and Benito A Martinez Ocasio.
-

Angelina says change in family situation after Brad Pitt split impacted career
Angelina Jolie has opened up about her life post her divorce from actor Brad Pitt. The actor, who filed for divorce in 2016, revealed that the changes in her personal life have impacted her career. The Mr. & Mrs. Smith actor has been taking care of her six children – 19-year-old Maddox, 17-year-old Pax, 16-year-old Zahara, 14-year-old Shiloh, and 12-year-old twins Vivienne and Knox – while she and Brad fight for custody in court. Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Angelina said that the shift in priorities has led to her picking less time-consuming jobs. “I love directing, but I had a change in my family situation that’s not made it possible for me to direct for a few years. I needed to just do shorter jobs and be home more, so I kind of went back to doing a few acting jobs. That’s really the truth of it,” she told Entertainment Weekly. After her filing for divorce, Angelina has appeared in a handful of movies. Her last outings include Maleficent: Mistress of Evil and Come Away. She will soon appear in Those Who Wish Me Dead. The actor was also seen filming her maiden Marvel movie, Eternals. She plays Thena in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie. Photos from the sets revealed that the children had accompanied her to the shoots.