Any Spider-Man fan will tell how iconic the upside down kissing scene from the first Spider-Man film is. But ask actor Kirsten Dunst, who played Mary Jane, about it and she will tell a different story. The actor recently made an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show, where she said that filming the scene was actually quite ‘miserable’.
During the conversation on the show, when the host brought about how iconic the scene is from the film, Kirsten shared, “I remember [the director] Sam Raimi giving me a book of famous kisses to be inspired but also, he really wanted to make it special even though it was kind of miserable actually doing it.”
She continued to add how Tobey was having problems breathing during the scene because he was upside down. “It was pouring with rain, freezing, Tobey couldn’t breathe so it was almost like I was resuscitating him,” she said.
Tag: Spider-Man
-

Kirsten Dunst says it was ‘miserable’ filming Spider-Man kissing scene
-

Spider-Man actor to star in Romeo and Juliet
Tom Holland is making a theatre comeback with Shakespeare’s classic Romeo and Juliet. The Spider-Man star will return to London’s West End for his role as Romeo Montague in a new theatrical production. Starting Saturday, May 11, Romeo and Juliet will run through Saturday, August 3, at Duke of York’s Theatre in London. It is produced by the Jamie Lloyd Company, famous for its adaptation of plays like Sunset Boulevard, The Effect, and Cyrano de Bergerac.
Recently, the director of the Holland-starrer Romeo and Juliet theatrical adaptation, Jamie Lloyd, revealed his excitement over the White Lotus star’s casting in his production. “Tom Holland is one of the greatest, most exciting young actors in the world. It is an honor to welcome him back to the West End,” he said in a statement, per Independent. -

Spider-Man star Tom Holland opens up about battling alcoholism
Actor Tom Holland, best known for playing Spider-Man on the big screen since he was a teenager, has opened up about his alcohol addiction, and subsequent sobriety. In a new interview, Holland said that as a challenge last year, he gave up drinking for a month, but realised very soon that it was ‘all that he could think about’, day and night. After continuing his challenge till June, he was a transformed person; he was sleeping better, and was less on-edge at work.
Holland appeared on the Jay Shetty podcast, where he opened up about his alcoholism, being unable to function socially in the early stages of his sobriety, and eventually finding replacements that help him continue down this path. He said that he probably inherited a taste for alcohol from his mother’s side of the family, and revealed that his mother has also given up drinking along with him. “Anyone that has a beer a day probably has a little bit of a problem,” he said.
“One of the problems with alcohol is that if you came out with alcohol right now, and alcohol wasn’t a thing, and you were like, ‘I’ve invented this drink that’ll make you either really happy, or really aggressive, or really stupid, and we’re just going to sell it to the masses’, people will be like, ‘No, mate, keep your funky juice, we don’t want that, that sounds terrible’.”
About his own journey, the actor said, “I’ve had periods in my life where I’ve given up drinking and gone back to drinking, but this time, it was just different. I really worked to change my mindset, and I asked myself, ‘Why do you drink?’ And a lot of the time, my answer would be, ‘To feel more comfortable in a social environment’. And I just put myself in those environments. I’d force myself to hang out, and go to a club, go to a bar, go to a dinner…” He admitted that he was avoiding those places in the beginning, because he didn’t feel that he could go and ‘not have a drink’, but later, he discovered that if he’s only enjoying himself when he’s drinking, he has a problem. “With me, most of it is just the ritual of cracking something open and sharing it with friends and drinking it. Whether it’s sparkling water or beer, I now can’t see a difference.” Source: Indian Express -

Andrew Garfield lied to Emma Stone as well about starring in No Way Home
Andrew Garfield lied about starring in Spider-Man: No Way Home not just to his fans and the media but also to his ex-girlfriend and The Amazing Spider-Man co-star, Emma Stone. In a new interview, Andrew has revealed that despite her repeated questions, Andrew never let Emma know how he was indeed a part of the movie. On Josh Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused podcast, Andrew revealed how Emma kept on texting him about it. “Emma kept on texting me. She was like, ‘Are you in this new Spider-Man film?’ And I was like, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. “She was like, ‘Shut up. Just tell me.’ I’m like, ‘I honestly don’t know’ — I kept it going, even with her. And then she saw it. She was like, ‘You’re a jerk.’” This is also how most Spider-Man fans felt when they witness Andrew step out of the space portal during No Way Home. Except, all the lying and deceit was quickly forgiven and a new wave of adoration for Andrew has swept over film lovers. Fans are making Reels and TikToks and petitioning to get Andrew his own, third The Amazing Spider-Man movie. In Spider-Man: No Way Home, Andrew joined forces with first Peter Parker Tobey Maguire from Sam Raimi’s series of Spider-Man movies and the current Spider-Man,
-
First poster of Spider-Man: No Way Home drops clues about so many villains
Actor Tom Holland and Zendaya-starrer, Spider-Man: No Way Home’s first official poster is finally released on social media. Sharing the first look on Instagram, Spiderman’s official handle wrote, “The Multiverse unleashed. #SpiderManNoWayHome is exclusively in movie theaters December 17! @spidermanmovie.” The first look also features Doctor Octopus’ tentacles, Electro’s lightning bolt, a tiny Green Goblin and even the Sandman’s sand.
Tom Holland shared the posted on Instagram and wrote, “This movie is gonna blow your minds. Trust me!” As soon as the first poster arrived, people started commenting on it. On Twitter, one fan wrote, A fan said, “The world is gonna go crazy.” On Instagram, many fans showed their excitement, as one fan said, “Wow! Just can’t wait for the film to release.” Another fan asked, “Please tell us more.” In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Tom talked about how the cast felt about shooting the possible last film of the franchise, “We were all treating [No Way Home] as the end of a franchise, let’s say. I think if we were lucky enough to dive into these characters again, you’d be seeing a very different version. It would no longer be the Homecoming trilogy. We would give it some time and try to build something different and tonally change the films. Whether that happens or not, I don’t know. But we were definitely treating [No Way Home] like it was coming to an end, and it felt like it.”
-

Issa Rae joins cast of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse sequel
Issa Rae, who is an actor, writer, producer and director, can now add ‘superhero’ to her already impressive resume. The 36-year-old star is entering the Spider-Verse.
As per Variety, the Insecure star has joined the voice cast of the sequel to 2018’s Oscar-winning animated feature Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as Jessica Drew, better known as Spider-Woman. Issa has joined returning voice actors Shameik Moore (as main hero Miles Morales) and Hailee Steinfeld (as Gwen Stacy, a.k.a. Spider-Gwen). In April, Variety reported that Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers and Justin K Thompson will be directing the feature, with producers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller also credited as writers on the screenplay, along with David Callaham.
Amy Pascal, Avi Arad and Christina Steinberg are also producing, and original Spider-Verse director Peter Ramsey is returning as an executive producer, with Lord Miller’s Aditya Sood.
While plot details are being kept under wraps, casting Issa as Jessica does open up the possibility of exploring a region of the Marvel comics landscape that has been virtually ignored in the Marvel feature and TV series adaptations of the last 20 years: Wundagore Mountain.