The Enforcement Directorate has registered a money laundering case against former Mumbai NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede taking cognisance of a CBI FIR in an alleged Rs 25-crore bribe demand from superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s family to spare his son in a drugs case, official sources said Saturday, Feb 10.
The central agency has booked the case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), they said.
Some former Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) officials have also been summoned.
Wankhede, a 2008-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the Customs and Indirect Taxes cadre, has moved the Bombay High Court seeking protection from any coercive action by the anti-money laundering agency.
He was booked by the CBI in May last year on charges of seeking Rs 25-crore bribe for not framing Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan in the drugs-on-cruise case, officials had said.
Aryan Khan was arrested in the alleged drug bust case on the Cordelia cruise ship on October 2, 2021.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) booked Wankhede and others for alleged criminal conspiracy (120-B IPC), and threat of extortion (388 IPC) besides provisions pertaining to bribery under the Prevention of Corruption Act on a complaint from the NCB.
A year later, the NCB filed a charge sheet in the drugs-on-cruise case against 14 accused but gave a clean chit to Aryan Khan.
The much-hyped case took a twist when an ‘independent witness’ had claimed in 2021 that Rs 25 crore was demanded by an NCB official and other persons, including a witness Gosavi, to let off Aryan Khan.
The NCB later conducted an internal vigilance probe against Wankhede and others and shared the contents with CBI leading to registration of a case against him.
Source: PTI
Tag: SRK
-
Money laundering case against NCB ex-top cop for Rs 25-crore bribe demand from SRK’s family
-

Atlee on directing SRK in ‘Jawan’: To get it right, you have to become a fan first
If you want to get it right, you have to become a fan first, says filmmaker Atlee, crediting superstar Shah Rukh Khan for trusting his vision for “Jawan”, a mass entertainer that is on its way to becoming one of the highest earning movies in Hindi cinema. Atlee is known for delivering back-to-back hits in the South with superstar Vijay. “Jawan”, which has crossed over Rs 800 crore at the box office since its release on September 7, marks his Hindi debut. Asked how he managed to direct the superstar without getting overwhelmed by his persona, the 36-year-old director said he simply stayed true to his creative vision.
“I’m a fan of cinema and I’m a fan of Shah Rukh sir, Vijay sir. Whoever I’ve worked with, I first become their fan because if you want to get it right, you have to become a fan. Even with their beloved actors, a fan can always say about a film that, ‘No, it’s not right.’ “As a fan, you will know which film is working and which is not working purely by heart… At the same time, if the actors are fans of a director’s work or a cameraman’s work and an editor’s work, they also come up and say, ‘Boss, I think you are not on the right track’,” Atlee told PTI in a virtual interview. The filmmaker said he developed “a give and take” relationship with SRK who protected and guided him throughout the filming of the big-budget movie. “Jawan” was made with a budget of over Rs 300 crore, the filmmaker had revealed earlier.
“I didn’t guide him — he knows much more than what everyone knows in the system — but I said what works for me and what doesn’t.
“And he trusted me. He was like, ‘Yes, sir. It’s not working for you. Let’s do one more. Should I do it like this? Should I do it like that?’ It was a good give and take. That’s why I could give a (film like) ‘Jawan’ with everyone’s 100 per cent,” he added.
It was Shah Rukh who reached out to Atlee expressing a desire to work with the filmmaker, who has been praised for showing the actor in a new light with the blockbuster. The film, interestingly, was greenlit over a Zoom call during the pandemic.
Atlee has already established a name in the Tamil film industry courtesy his movies with Vijay — “Theri”, “Mersal” and “Bigil”.
SRK’s idea was to do a quintessential “Atlee film”, he recalled.
“I was really surprised and blessed to get a call from Shah Rukh sir’s side. When I met him, he said, ‘Sir, let’s do a film together. I’ve seen all your films. I love your films. And, I want to do an Atlee film’. -

SRK’s ‘Jawan’ continues its dream run at global box office, crosses Rs 600 cr mark
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s action thriller “Jawan” has gone past Rs 600 crore mark at the worldwide box office, the makers said on September 13. Directed by Tamil filmmaker Atlee, the pan-India film also stars Nayanthara and Vijay Sethupathi as well as Deepika Padukone in a special appearance. It hit the screens worldwide on September 7 in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
“‘Jawan’ becomes the first film to collect Rs 300 crore in six days, making it the fastest film to cross this milestone! Collects Rs 621.12 crore globally,” a note from the makers stated.
“In the Hindi market, ‘Jawan’ collected Rs 24 crore nett, and with other languages included, the film’s sixth-day earnings totalled Rs 26.52 crore. This brings ‘Jawan’s’ Hindi total to Rs 306.58 crore nett. When you consider the combined earnings of Hindi and other languages in India, the six-day total stands at Rs 345.60 crore,” it added.
“Jawan”, a father-son story at its core, highlights various social and political issues through its hero, essayed by Shah Rukh. The film also stars Sanya Malhotra, Priyamani, Girija Oak, Sanjeeta Bhattacharya, Lehar Khan, Aaliyah Qureshi, Ridhi Dogra, Sunil Grover and Mukesh Chhabra as well as Sanjay Dutt in a cameo appearance.
A Red Chillies Entertainment presentation, “Jawan” is produced by Gauri Khan and co-produced by Gaurav Verma. Source: PTI -

SRK says he had no money after buying Mannat, so he turned to Gauri for the refurb
Shah Rukh Khan ranks among the richest superstars in the country, but when he bought his landmark house, Mannat, he says he was practically broke and didn’t have any money to get it refurbished and furnished, so his wife Gauri Khan turned designer for the house.
King Khan, who made a spectacular comeback earlier this year with Pathaan, was interacting with the media during the launch of Gauri Khan’s coffee-table book, My Life In Design.
Sharing the interesting story behind their house Mannat and how Gauri Khan entered the world of designing, Shah Rukh said, “When we bought Mannat, it was way beyond our means, and once we were done buying the house, we didn’t have money to decorate it. We hired a designer, only to realise we couldn’t afford him.
“So, I turned to Gauri, as she had artistic talent, and asked her to be the designer for our house. Mannat started like that, and over time, we earned and kept buying little stuff for the house. We even once went to South Africa to buy leather for the sofas, and I think that training ground got her into designing.” Gauri Khan’s book charts out her journey as a designer with exclusive pictures of her and her family. Unseen images of Mannat and the design thought processes that went into turning around the heritage property, and other key projects as well, are a part of the book.
Gauri Khan also spoke about her husband being the hardest to please. Her most challenging project has been designing the Red Chillies Entertainment office.
She said, “Every project is dear to a designer, whether you’re working on something big or small, each project has challenges, and we have to give it our best. I have been working for so many years, but I think Shah Rukh’s project, the Red Chillies office, was a tough one to crack. Our team was always struggling to get his approval because he would come up with a better design, at all times.” Source: IANS -

Massive set to be constructed for Salman-SRK action scene in ‘Tiger 3’
The makers of the upcoming actioner ‘Tiger 3’ will be constructing a huge set for Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan’s action scene in the film and it will take 45 days to build it.
“Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan will be seen on screen again in ‘Tiger 3’ and Aditya Chopra and director Maneesh Sharma have planned this to be the biggest surprise element of the film. YRF has quietly commissioned to build a massive set that will take about 45 days to build to shoot a scene in which Salman and SRK are set to do mind-boggling action!” informed a source.
The source added: “When Salman appeared in ‘Pathaan’ to help SRK, all hell broke loose in theatres and people went into frenzy seeing their biggest cinema idols beat people to pulp! Now, it’s encore time in Tiger 3 and expect Salman and SRK to pull off crazy, adrenaline pumping, high-intensity action sequences that will blow people’s minds.
‘Tiger 3’ also stars Katrina Kaif as super-spy Zoya and Emraan Hashmi as the villain. It is set to release on Diwali.
Source: IANS -

It took 6 months planning to execute SRK’s scene with Salman in ‘Tiger 3’
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is set to enter the Tiger franchise through an adrenaline pumping action sequence that will be shot for seven days in Mumbai end April.
What’s to note is that this sequence has been planned by Aditya Chopra and ‘Tiger 3’ director Maneesh Sharma for over six months so that it can become a talking point for the nation. “When SRK & Salman’s sequence was planned for ‘Pathaan’, the makers realised that such cross-overs of super-spies will need to go a notch higher every single time it happens because that’s the biggest USP for audiences.” “So, the writer, Adi and Maneesh went into a huddle and took six months to write and visualise Pathaan’s entry in Tiger’s timeline! Every detail of this shoot has been planned keeping in mind that it needs to deliver full on paisa vasool entertainement that is also a spectacle for audiences,” informs a senior trade source. ‘Tiger 3’ starring Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif as Zoya & Emraan Hashmi as Tiger’s nemesis is set to release this Diwali. Source: IANS -

SRK only Indian to feature on British magazine’s list of 50 greatest actors of all time
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has become the only Indian to be named in an international list of 50 greatest actors of all time by a prominent British magazine. The 57-year-old actor is included in Empire magazine’s list which also recognises Hollywood giants like Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Anthony Marlon Brando, Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson and many others. In the accompanying short profile, the magazine said Khan has a career that has now spanned four decades of “near unbroken hits, and a fanbase of pretty much billions”.
“You don’t do that without outrageous amounts of charisma and absolute mastery of your craft. Comfortable in almost every genre going, there’s pretty much nothing he can’t do,” it added.
From his extensive filmography, the publication highlighted Khan’s notable characters from four movies — Sanjay Leela Bhansali-directed “Devdas”, Karan Johar’s “My Name Is Khan” and “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”, and “Swades”, directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar. His dialogue from the 2012 movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” — “Zindagi toh har roz jaan leti hai… Bomb toh sirf ek baar lega” (Every day life kills us a little. A bomb will kill you only once) — has been recognised as the “iconic line” of his career.
“Jab Tak Hai Jaan” was filmmaker Yash Chopra’s swansong and featured Khan as an Indian Army Major named Samar Anand. The film also starred Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
The actor will be next seen in the actioner “Pathaan”, set to be released worldwide on January 25, 2023. Directed by Siddharth Anand, the movie also stars John Abraham and Deepika Padukone. Khan will also star in two more movies — action-entertainer “Jawan” with filmmaker Atlee and the Rajkumar Hirani-directed “Dunki”.
Source: PTI
-
SRK unveils ‘Pathan’ teaser; gifts fans with perfect return gift on 57th birthday
The teaser of Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming film ‘Pathan’ was unveiled on Wednesday, November 2, on the occasion of the actor’s 57th birthday. The teaser laced with action and adrenaline-boosting chase sequences see SRK in the role of an Indian spy, who refuses to give up and claws his way out of any given situation attributing to his survival instincts. The teaser begins with a voice-over, presumably of Ashutosh Rana, introducing the titular character. It then spirals into full-blown action saga with SRK beating the baddies. Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone also makes a stunning appearance in the teaser followed by John Abraham, whose character is introduced as he fires a grenade launcher. The film, directed by Sidharth Anand of ‘War’ fame, has all the elements of a classic Yash Raj Films action movie. The teaser features evident sequences which remind of the best YRF action films over the years, be it the aquatic chase sequence (Bang Bang), the acrobatics induced fight sequences (War), the bird eye view of cities (War and Fan) or the fight sequence atop a moving vehicle (Dhoom climax). And it also voices a dialogue from SRK, “Kursi ki peti baandh lijiye, mausam bigadane waala hai”. ‘Pathaan’is the first of SRK’s three films after a hiatus of over four years for the actor. Earlier, he was seen in the 2018 movie ‘Zero’ which tanked badly at the box-office. ‘Pathaan’ will drop in theatres on January 25, 2023.
Source: IANS