We all know that workouts are great for the body and mind, but did you know that they are equally good for the skin, too? Regular workouts leave your skin feeling fresh and glowing. However, not many realise that certain skincare mistakes may be responsible for not letting the skin breathe, which is why you might be missing out on a post-workout glow.
– Cleanse: You’re more likely to experience a breakout if you start your workout with dirty skin. Remove your makeup with an oil-based cleanser and then with a gentle cleanser.
– Moisturise and apply sunscreen: Apply your moisturiser and lip balm, as your lips can feel dry and chapped after a workout along with a sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
During workout session
– Do not touch your face: All the germs and bacteria from the workout equipment can cause acne and even bacterial infection. So consciously keep your hands off your face while working out.
– Wipe off the sweat: Don’t wipe or rub your face against your clothes as it can lead to rashes and itchiness. Instead, use a soft towel and pat on the skin to get the sweat off.
– Hydrate: Keep drinking water during your workout. If you do not drink enough water, you may experience symptoms like dehydration, dry mouth, lack of sweating etc.
– Always clean your face after a workout: Use a gentle cleanser that works for your skin type. Keeping a sweat-free face can prevent the pores from clogging.
– Don’t ignore the body: Post-workout toxins usually get soaked into clothes. Ideally, one should take a quick shower and change into clean clothes.
– Moisturise: Skin can feel flushed and red following a workout due to heat from exercise. Apply a gentle moisturiser following your cleanse to help soothe the skin with a sunscreen.
Source: Indian Express