By Tript Arora
This sweet and savoury Apple salad is a treat in itself whether you serve it as a side dish or make a lunch of it. It is simple to make and hardly takes 15 minutes to assemble it. Diced apple, cucumber and deseeded tomatoes tossed in mayonnaise and topped with pumpkin seeds is my version of Apple Salad. Either you serve it on a bed of Lettuce or you chop Lettuce leaves and add to it. I prefer the second option. You can top it with toasted walnuts too. If you are health conscious then you can substitute Mayonnaise with yoghurt. But then add a bit of Honey too. However I prefer the Mayonnaise version.
– 2 Medium Red Apple cored and Diced, 2 Tomatoes, 1 Cucumber Diced with skin
– 4 Lettuce Leaves, 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
– 1 Tsp Black Salt, 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
– 1 Tsp Mustard Sauce, Pumpkin seeds / chopped walnuts
Here we go
– Cut Apple & Cucumber into cubes with their skin.
– Remove the seeds of tomatoes and cut it into squares.
– Roughly Chop lettuce leaves.
– Take a large Bowl and add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and chilli flakes. Mix everything .
– Now toss Apple, cucumber and tomatoes in this dressing and serve it topped with Pumpkin Seeds. Enjoy my version of Apple salad.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Assembling Time: 5 min.
– Serve it as a Side dish with roasted or fried Chicken. You will love it.