Chicago Immigrants Worried About ICE Raids While At Work
WASHINGTON, D.C. (TIP): President Donald Trump said Friday, August 22, that Chicago, Illinois will “probably” be the next city the administration will deploy federal troops, officers and agents to.
Trump announced earlier this month that he was sending federal troops to Washington, D.C., after alleging that the nation’s capital was “overtaken by violent gangs and bloodthirsty criminals, roving mobs of wild youth, drugged-out maniacs and homeless people.”
Trump’s intervention marked an unprecedented federal crackdown in the local governance of the District of Columbia. The deployment of federal troops sparked widespread backlash over constitutional limits and home rule rights. Critics argue that it breaches democratic principles and could set a dangerous precedent, while supporters frame it as a necessary measure for public order. “Chicago’s a mess, you have an incompetent mayor, grossly incompetent,” Trump told reporters on Friday, referring to Chicago’s Democratic mayor, Brandon Johnson.
“And we’ll straighten that one out probably next,” the president said. “That’ll be our next one after this … the people of Chicago, Mr. Vice President, are screaming for us to come. They’re wearing red hats.”
(Source: Newsweek / Sonam Sheth )

Leave a Reply